Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Boredom does strange things to me....


I'm always seeking out advice about my blog,
I believe it's called feedback? How do I get people to leave more comments? How do I broaden the viewers? And most importantly, How do I get the right people seeing what I do and what I love - when I'm not anyone special? 


*(By the way this post has nothing to do with food as I am banned from the kitchen - and have been told to rest, hence why I'm bored out of my brain and thinking about boring stuff like my ego - never a good sign).


 This was advice given to me re my blog, by my gorgeous friend Ms Heather Nette King - ex-PR and Uber blogger (see I name dropped), she had suggested that I need to bring my everyday life into my blog, all the cool stuff that goes on...(trust me, not many cool things go on in this house)
For example; my super cool boyfriend - huh!! And what interesting things he's been up to, and I'm always like - No way, that's humil - who in their right mind would give a flying donkey's what he's up too?
Well, today I have decided to do the unthinkable with my very own boyfriend, just because I'm really proud of him!
Have you all seen the latest issue of Australian Vogue? Well, if you haven't your probably the only one! 
Max took the photo on the cover.
 Actually he took all the photos in both of the incredible African stories, inside as well. Clever isn't he?

 Oh and the ipad app - have you downloaded it yet? If not, you can download it here.If you're wondering, Max is the handsome one with the meerkats climbing all over his head.

And the equally talented and handsome,(and popular in the Doyle household) Joshua Heath shot the extraordinary footage for the iPad app - you boys make an incredible team!

Please dear god, let some of these talents wear off on our children!


p.s on a foodie note the food we ordered from the 'Dinner Ladies' was so good. We've had the Lamb, pea and mint pie and Rogan josh curry and both are winners and I would definitely order them again.
Photo's courtesy of Vogue Australia - shot by Max Doyle - styled by the equally incredible Naomi Smith

©Michelle Schoeps 2013
All photos taken by Michelle Schoeps

8 comments:

  1. It WAS interesting! Not that all your posts aren't...thanks for sharing. Amazing shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get so excited when I see a comment! Thanks Beth. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever bf! You are rightly proud. I love hearing more about your life. Makes me think I am living down the road...

    More more more hxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you were. And if you were, you'd know all about my post tomorrow and you'd also be helping me eat it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm family so I don't know if my opinion counts. I love your blog and consider it my own personal cookbook - this week I cooked quesadilla's and cleansing soup. Felix thinks your famous because you have your own 'website'...

    Continue on lovely

    x C

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea how to make a blog more 'popular' but, for what it's worth, I think what you're doing here is fantastic. Your chicken sandwiches with the smoked almonds and celery are delicious; I've shared the recipe (and your blog) with a few friends.
    Simone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's lovely. And yes, your opinion counts. I'm so excited about our date tomorrow - I'm feeling like a caged animal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Chicken sandwiches are amazing! thanks for the feedback. x

    ReplyDelete